Generously sized moisturizer with licochalcone. Intensely hydrating, non-comedogenic lotion designed to eliminate dry, flaky skin. Goes on clear and absorbs quickly, leaving no residue. Super light feel, fragrance-free and dye-free.
What is licochalcone?
Licochalcone gives this moisturizer its characteristic yellow color. Licochalcone is a highly distilled and potent extract of a species of licorice root well known for powerfully calming and soothing the skin. It is especially beneficial on acne-prone skin which tends to be sensitive and irritated. Licochalcone is incredibly expensive at $6000 per kilogram and needs to be used at .1% strength to be effective. This moisturizer contains the full .1% and is not included simply for "label claim." If you suspect you may be allergic to licorice root, patch test your skin by applying some Moisturizer to your inner elbow for 2 days before applying to the face.
Note: To avoid staining light colored clothing, allow moisturizer to dry for a minute or so before dressing.
Is the Moisturizer non-comedogenic (non pore-clogging)?
Yes. 100%. You do not have to worry about this moisturizer clogging your pores. Each ingredient is chosen carefully to ensure that this moisturizer is completely non-comedogenic. Far from causing any problems with acne, regular use should actually help calm and soothe acne-prone skin. Use it liberally without fear.
Why 2 full pumps?
Many people are accustomed to using only a small amount of moisturizer. However, when you are on The Regimen and using generous amounts of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, your skin will require extra hydration. It is important to use 2 full pumps (4mL) of this moisturizer to keep your skin in balance. During the first few weeks of The Regimen you may require 3 pumps.
How many do I need per month?
|about one 8 oz. bottle|
Why add jojoba oil?
Jojoba oil makes any regular moisturizer into a super moisturizer. If you want extra hydration, try mixing in a few drops (5-6) of jojoba oil to your moisturizer before you apply it. The added jojoba oil will provide an extra boost of moisture without clogging pores. It may also help control oil production—an extra, very welcome benefit.
You can use drugstore products on The Regimen as well. They may not work as quickly or as well as Acne.org products but they are always there if you need them.
Note: We are not affiliated with these products or manufacturers in any way and receive no compensation for these referrals. They are listed only because they work well within The Regimen.
Moisturizer (without SPF)
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion – Takes care of flakiness well and many people claim to use it with success on The Regimen. However, it contains the combination of Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth-20 as the 3rd and 4th ingredient, which rates a 4 out of 5 for pore-clogging in rabbit ear assays when this combination is used.
We are vigilant about your privacy and take the necessary steps to make your order as secure as possible.
- We use as little packaging as possible. We also make products in large quantities to further reduce packaging per ounce.
- We use 100% recycled loose fill packing peanuts.
- We send packages in 100% post consumer recycled carboard boxes which are also 100% recyclable.
- Our distribution centers are located only in temperate climates that rarely require heating or air conditioning.
- We have a locally sourced supply chain and manufacture our products close to our distribution centers.
- Whenever possible we ship railway.
- We only ship full containers which reduces our carbon footprint.
- We use 100% post consumer recycled paper in our office, which we then re-use and finally recycle.
- All of our products are 100% recyclable.
- We are always looking at every part of the business to reduce environmental impact. Can the day come where businesses can be completely sustainable or even give back to the environment? We think so!
You may return your most recent order for any reason within 90 days and receive a replacement or refund.
It is important that you first write to firstname.lastname@example.org and request an RMA number. We will email you with the correct RMA number that you can then put on the outside of the package when you make your return.
Please note that we cannot refund shipping charges and we are not responsible for providing return postage. Limit one return per customer.
Acne.org products are never tested on animals and contain no animal products. They are 100% cruelty free and vegan.